Christina Ho is joined by prominent government leaders Larry Koskinen (Chief Risk Officer at U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development) and Michael Peckham (Chief Financial Officer, Program Support Center at U.S. Department of Health and Human Services) to discuss how AI is being applied to improve $700B worth of grantmaking. Listen as they discuss specific business challenges in grantmaking, opportunities in the grant space to leverage AI and other technology, and what some of their biggest lessons learned and motivators are after over 35 years in the government.
In this episode you will learn:
- Why grantmaking is important as a whole and individually as it relates to agency mission.
- Specific problems where cutting edge innovation can be an employed as a practical solution.
- What Larry and Michael have learned from solving their biggest challenges and what the outcomes were.
- Some of the most significant AI opportunities in the grant area.
- What Larry and Michael would you tell the other government leaders at grantmaking agencies if they want to improve grantmaking.
- What motivates Larry and Michael to drive government innovation.