Christina Ho is joined by seasoned analytics executives Taka Ariga (Chief Data Scientist & Director of Innovation Lab at US Government Accountability Office) and Renata Maziarz Miskell (Acting Chief Data & Analytics Officer for the Department of Health and Human Services, Office of Inspector General) to discuss how AI is being applied to maximize the Oversight community’s impact with limited resources.
Listen as they discuss the most significant business challenges and accountability concerns in Oversight due to the increased use of AI, how the Oversight community can share technology and human capital resources to become more effective, where they envision data science usage will be in the next 5 to 10 years given recent trends, and more topics.
In this episode you will learn:
- The biggest challenges for Oversight and how they are overcome using data science and AI.
- The innovative work that Taka and Renata’s teams have been doing and the outcomes they have seen.
- Accountability concerns, specifically with regard to ethical practices, caused by the increased use of AI.
- Opportunities in the Oversight community to share technological and human capital resources.
- Where Taka and Renata envision data science in the government will be 5-10 years from now given current trends.
- What motives Taka and Renata to drive government innovation.