- The Data Programmer / Data Analyst must be a flexible team player able to use skills in programming and software development, data mining, as well as database management.
- Work directly with client managers and technical staff to understand business problem, develop predictive models, and deploy/implement models into client database/data warehouse system.
- Develops software infrastructure of custom data mining and analytic solutions and leads the integration of these tools for the customer.
- Facilitates the use of relational database systems and other data management tools within the context of custom data mining solutions.
- The top applicant will have a Bachelor’s or Masters degree in Computer Science, Systems Engineering or related discipline.
- 2-5 years technical and mathematical programming experience; more experienced hire will also be considered for software engineer position.
- Proficiency in Java, C++, or other object-oriented language, experience with R, SAS or other statistical language and flexibility to learn new tools and languages as needed.
- Significant experience with database systems including database design, database administration and SQL.
- Database management and data warehousing experience.
- Web development experience with J2EE and JSP is a plus, but not required.