Elder Research is interested in Data Scientists / Predictive Analysts for its growing offices in Baltimore, MD, Arlington, VA, Raleigh, NC and Charlottesville, VA, focusing on predictive analytics projects with Commercial and Federal government clients. Working with understanding of mathematics, statistics, and computer science, the data scientist solves complex data problems to promote business success.
- Work with clients, managers and technical staff to understand business needs and develop technical plans to deliver needed results.
- Develop, deploy, and implement predictive models and protocols for mining production data sources.
- Appropriately implement existing analytic methods and tools; applying theory to practice.
- Quickly learn new analytic methods and tools as needed.
- Create analytic models and test hypotheses in a collaborative and rapid-paced work environment to meet client needs.
- Work with a team of analysts to continually improve ERI’s product offerings and state of the art tools and techniques.
- Senior positions will entail:
- Leading predictive analytics project both with Federal government and private industry clients.
- Managing teams of analysts and helping with mentoring/training.
- Giving presentations on a deeply technical level, as well as high-level overview to senior management.
- Giving technical sales presentations to potential clients as the technical expert.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Math, Statistics, Physics, or other technical field.
- Familiarity with statistical analysis, predictive modeling, natural language processing, machine learning, conceptual modeling, and/or hypothesis testing.
- Ability to work in one or more of the following toolsets:
- Rapid Miner
- Senior positions will require:
- 5 to 10 years experience in data mining and predictive modeling using sophisticated algorithms.
- Significant experience leading advanced analytics projects in a business or government application.
- Working knowledge of ensemble methods and text mining.
- Keen understanding of the business value perspective on predictive analytics.
- Experience deploying and monitoring predictive models.
Desired Skills and Abilities:
- Masters or PhD in Engineering, Math, Statistics, Physics, or other technical field.
- Experience in using computer programming tools in the pursuit of analytic solutions, such as using base SAS, Java, R, Perl and/or Python.
- Statistical, mathematical, and predictive modeling skills.
- Knowledge of predictive analytic discipline and theory, including background working with:
- Supervised learning techniques such as Neural nets, CART, Regressions
- Unsupervised learning techniques such as Clustering or Segmentation
- Advanced topics including Text Mining, Link Analysis, Time Series and/or spatial data.