Elder Research, Inc. is interested in Data Scientists / Predictive Analysts for its growing team in the Washington, DC / Baltimore, MD area focused on national security. The applicant must be a US citizen and have, or be willing to apply for, a top-secret security clearance.
- Work with clients, managers and technical staff to understand business needs and develop technical plans to deliver needed results.
- Develop, deploy, and implement predictive models and protocols for mining production data sources.
- Appropriately implement existing analytic methods and tools; applying theory to practice.
- Quickly learn new analytic methods and tools as needed.
- Create analytic models and test hypotheses in a collaborative and rapid-paced work environment to meet client needs.
- Work with a team of analysts to continually improve ERI’s product offerings and state of the art tools and techniques.
- Develop and deliver data mining courses.
- Senior positions will entail:
- Leading predictive analytics project both with Federal government and private industry clients.
- Managing teams of analysts and helping with mentoring/training.
- Giving presentations on a deeply technical level, as well as high-level overview to senior management.
- Giving technical sales presentations to potential clients as the technical expert.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Math, Statistics, Physics, or other technical field.
- Familiarity with statistical analysis, predictive modeling, natural language processing, machine learning, conceptual modeling, and/or hypothesis testing.
- Ability to work in one or more of the following toolsets:
- Rapid Miner
- Senior positions will require:
- 5 to 10 years experience in data mining and predictive modeling using sophisticated algorithms.
- Significant experience leading advanced analytics projects in a business or government application.
- Working knowledge of ensemble methods and text mining.
- Keen understanding of the business value perspective on predictive analytics.
- Experience deploying and monitoring predictive models.
- US citizenship required.
- Must have, or be willing to apply for, a top-secret security clearance.
Desired Skills and Abilities:
- Masters or PhD in Engineering, Math, Statistics, Physics, or other technical field.
- Experience in using computer programming tools in the pursuit of analytic solutions, such as using base SAS, Java, R, Perl and/or Python.
- Statistical, mathematical, and predictive modeling skills.
- Knowledge of predictive analytic discipline and theory, including background working with:
- Supervised learning techniques such as Neural nets, CART, Regressions
- Unsupervised learning techniques such as Clustering or Segmentation
- Advanced topics including Text Mining, Link Analysis, Time Series and/or spatial data.