Elder Research, America’s leading consulting company in data mining, predictive analytics, and text mining, is seeking candidates with professional software engineering experience to join our growing software development teams in Baltimore, MD, Washington, DC, and Charlottesville, VA.
Things we like: D3, Angular, JQuery, Less/Sass, Typescript, Scala.js, Tufte
- Develop robust systems for helping our customers make data-driven decisions in collaborative, team-based environment.
- Participate in every stage of the software development lifecycle, from ideation and requirements gathering through implementation, testing, deployment, and maintenance as part of a team of mutually supportive and goal-oriented developers.
- Provide leadership and coordination for certain stages of the software development lifecycle as needed, including the potential for mentoring junior developers and providing technical thought leadership.
- Perform other technical tasks as needed, including writing project reports, managing, implementing, and/or maintaining technical infrastructure, etc.
- Bachelors or Master’s degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent experience.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Ability to evaluate and describe complex technical solutions for clients, management and team members is essential.
- Experience designing web-based, interactive data visualizations
- Demonstrated ability working with high-level mathematical concepts and associated code-form representations.
- Familiarity with data manipulation, SQL, relational databases, and/or NoSQL databases.
Interested candidates may view open positions and submit applications using our Career Center